August 29, 2015: River Ruckus
In partnership with St. Johns Riverkeeper
St. Johns Riverkeeper and the Riverside Arts Market are partnering to host the third annual River Ruckus to raise a ruckus for the river. River Ruckus is a family festival that shows Jacksonville our River is more than a scenic view. It is a recreational asset to this city that should be respected, protected and enjoyed.
River Ruckus activities include a kayak floatilla that will accompany swimmers as a part of JumpingFish’s Up the River—Downtown with support from Black Creek Outfitters, dragon boat races, free boat rides with Freedom Boat Club Jacksonville & St. Augustine, Marine Science Education educational boat trips with the Jacksonville University research vessel “Larkin”, SUP board lessons with All Wet Sports, SUP Yoga, a fishing clinic on with Chicopit Bay and Celebrity River Jump.
Plus live entertainment all day.
And did we mention craft beer from SweetWater Brewing Company served 10 a.m.-4 p.m.?
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (updated as of August 26)
• 9-10 a.m.—Standup Paddleboard (SUP) yoga, offered by All Wet Sports
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.—Free boat tours from Freedom Boat Club
• 10 a.m.–4 p.m.—SUP lessons, offered by All Wet Sports
• 10 a.m.–4 p.m.—Watergun Fun (held at RAM’s Hill Top Stage)
• 11 a.m.—Dragonboat Race on the River: First Heat
• 11 a.m.– 1 p.m.—Educational boat tours led by Jacksonville University’s Marine Science Research Institute scientists
• 11:30 p.m.‚—Arrival of Up the River Downtown 2015 open water swimmers, led by JumpingFish, and kayak floatilla, led by Black Creek Outfitters
• 1-2 p.m.—Celebrity River Jump
• 2-3 p.m.—Inshore Kayak Fishing 101,” taught by Rory Gregg with Chicopit Bay (held at RAM’s Roundhouse Stage)
• 3 p.m.—Dragonboat Race on the River: Second Heat
• 3:30 p.m.—Raffle drawing for custom 9.5-foot Perception Tribe kayak donated by SweetWater Brewing Company (Riverfront Stage)
Join our River Ruckus event page on Facebook for the most up-to-date information.
September 12, 2015: Fall Arf Barket
September 26, 2015: Family Health and Fitness Day
October 3, 2015: Filipino Pride Day
Hosted by We Filipinos Inc.
October 10, 2015: Yoga Day
In partnership with Yoga 4 Change
October 17 2015: RAMi-Con
November 28, 2015: Small Business Saturday
December 12, 2015: Holidazzle
* Extended hours until 9 p.m.
December 19, 2015: Final day of RAM’s 2015 season
December 26, 2015: RAM closed
January 2–February 28, 2016: Winter RAM
* 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Please note that events/dates are subject to change.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Visit the Becoming a Sponsor page for more information.